Here’s a crossword for you. All the answers come from the story.
We hope you enjoy it.
Fagin has started it for you!
There’s a word hidden in this crossword.
It goes from one corner to another.
Look for it when you’ve finished the crossword.
It’s a name from the story.
Can you find it?
- Dodger asked Oliver, “_____ you want a room?”
- Oliver worked in the vegetable garden here.
- Dickens wrote this story more than a hundred years _____.
- Oliver had neither mother ______ father.
- One of the workhouse boys ______ ill from hunger.
- The police and Fagin were enemies: there was ______ between them.
- Dodger stole some money out of his pocket.
- Who asked for more soup?
- Did Monks escape from the police?
- Oliver’s mother went to a workhouse, and her baby was _____ there?
- Nancy asked the policeman, “Do you know _____ Oliver is?”
- Oliver told Nancy, “I ______ pleased you’re my friend.”
- She was the sister of Oliver’s mother.
- Oliver’s ______ left his money to Oliver.
- Oliver ran _____ from the workhouse.
- The police found Nancy’s body here.
- When the boys saw Oliver in his new clothes, they said, “He’s a _______ now!”
- Nancy said about Oliver, “This boy ______ my brother.”
- A policeman put Oliver in ______ .
- Rose Maylie took Oliver ______ her house.
- The Artful Dodger’s real name.
- At the end, Oliver was “the happiest boy in the _________ .”
- For a week, Oliver slept ______ the stone floor of a room in the workhouse.
- Fagin asked Monks, “_____ do you know all this?”
- Nancy said, “He’s afraid ______ you.”
- In the rich people’s house, Oliver was quiet and _____, like a cat.
- On Oliver’s first morning, Fagin and the boys played a strange _______ .
- Nancy said, “Don’t try to run away ______ Sikes will shoot you!”
- How many times did Oliver get away from Fagin?
- Sikes told Oliver, “Climb through that window and open the ______ !”
- Rose thought, “Oliver can’t stay ______ this house.”
- The colour of Fagin’s hair.
- On the way to London, people gave Oliver pieces of _______ .
- The workhouse rooms ______ cold.
- Oliver could ______ a shot – and he fell like a dead person.
- Soon ______ Oliver was born, his mother died.
- Mr Bumble took Oliver away from Mrs ________ .
- “______!” cried Oliver’s mother, “I can’t walk any more!”
- For how many days did Oliver walk to London?
- The _______ of Mr Monks saw Oliver through Rose’s window.
- Bill Sikes had a large white one.
- Monks _______ to Fagin and said, “I’ve found Oliver!”
- Oliver thought Nancy was ________ enemy.
- The policeman said, “The man told me that Oliver didn’t steal money. ________ I let him go.”